Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Coraggio

Slow progress on Coraggio but one of the sea dragons is finished! I think I will stitch Neptune, which is the middle of this band, and then go down and start the next band. I like the variety of doing a new motif and also love to see the different colors against the fabric and with each other. As slow as I am, by the time I get back up to do the right side (a mirror image of the left side) of the first band it will be all new!


6 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Deanna,
Your sampler is coming along nicely. The colors are really stunning and your stitching is beautiful. I had to look this one up and the model just took my breath away. It will truly be amazing when finished.

Kathy said...

Jenny, this is a beautiful sampler you've picked to stitch. It looks like you have stitched quite a bit and the colors are lovely. Keep the progress pics coming!

robindefender said...

It's looking great. Our colors look so different. Are you sttiching with DMC?

Nicola said...

I am enjoying seeing your progress. This is a special sampler.

Deanna Chavez said...

Hi robindefender,

I'm using the silks that came in the kit. At least one of the colors, the gray on the sea dragon, is very different from the photo, where it appears to be a dark brown. And what looks gray to me is described as "medium brown" in the color list. But the chart also says that the photo varies slightly from the graphs and instructions so I'm trying not to obsess about it, like I usually do! Does yours look more like the color on the photo?

Fiona said...

A very pretty piece.