Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

A Small Update on Ann Smith

It seems that I haven't made much progress on poor Ann Smith.  The over one stitching, while it has its own rhythm, is very slow going.  It only took me two nights to put in Eve, while it has taken almost two weeks to finish up Adam, the bird above him and the tree and grass.


This is where I was at my last post:


So, a bit of progress has been made, but not as much as I hoped.   I am keeping my fingers crossed that by this time next week, I'll have the over one section done.  I'm perhaps being being a bit optimistic?  I still have another tree to put in like the one to the side of Adam, so perhaps it will be two.  Having my son home last week from his college Spring break didn't help too much for getting a lot of stitching done, but giving up stitching time to spend with him is priceless (just like the commercials)!!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Deb,

I just love your Adam and Eve on this. Talk about priceless, their expression are, lol. This is so pretty and you've made great progress, I think!! Keep up the good work. I'm just starting the over one on mine......urgh.

Jenny said...

Hi Deb,
Your Ann is looking beautiful! I too love the Adam and Eve on this sampler. It has been great fun to watch your progress.....you are doing a wonderful job on her. Glad you were able to spend some time with your son....Happy stitching!

samplerlover said...

Oh my goodness, Ann is looking lovely. Love their expressions as well lol. I know that it doesn't look much progress to you, but you have done alot

Nicola said...

I admire your work so much Deb and know that I could not do so much over one so well done. She is very beautiful, it will all be worth it in the end.

Lanie said...

Your Ann Smith is beautiful, Deb! The over 1 section is fabulous! So glad you had a nice visit with your son ... my daughters are home this week ... happy mom here!!!

Faye said...

Ann is stunning Deb.... I love the colors....

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Deb, your Ann Smith is gorgeous!

Love this sampler, but I can't help thinking A & E remind me of Tarzan & Jane with their leafy kilts.

Vera said...

Beautiful stitching!

Fiona said...

I think you have made lots of progress, your sampler is looking great.