Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 25 February 2013

Update on Ann Smith and Manifesto

Ann is coming along nicely, although it rather slowly with all the over one:


This portion has taken me quite a fews days of stitching.  Actually probably about two weeks as some nights haven't been the best to get in some stitching.  When I can find time to work on her though, it actually goes rather quickly.  I did notice, just before posting this picture, that the leaf work on Adam was done in the wrong color (UGH!!), but I decided to leave it.  Taking out over one stitching can be quite a pain.  Here is a picture of the entire piece so far:


I also started working on the Manifesto.  I am going to stitch this on Wednesday nights, but unfortunately things got in the way the past couple of weeks, so was only able to work on it one night.  


I had entertained thoughts of following Holly and starting over on 40 count gauze, but then common sense took over and I decided to just keep going on the Jobelan.  I have to say though that I will be coveting Holly's when it's finished.

Deb

11 comments:

woolwoman said...

Deb - Ann Smith is absolutely gorgeous! You have a start on Manifesto and that is what is important. Enjoy your week ! Mel

HollyXSing said...

All right, Deb...are you saying I don't have any common sense? Ha Ha! It is a known fact that I have no sense at all!

I was so hoping you would come along to the funny farm with me;)

Your work is lovely!

Happy Stitches,

-Holly in VA

MoonBeam said...

Great work on your sampler. Good luck on the Manifesto!!! Wow, I have to just shake my head at that one. Those of you who are tackling this are in a different stitching world and caliper than I am. Just looking at that giant frame makes me shudder.

Good luck to you and all who plan to tackle that this year.

Bobbi

Cindy L said...

Deb, your Ann is so beautiful!

KB said...

Deb
Your Ann is gorgeous!! and glad you were able to get a start on Manifesto.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Ann Smith has such vivid colors.
Your stitching is beautiful.

Good start on Manifesto.

samplerlover said...

Great progress on Ann Smith Deb. You know, I have always loved this sampler.

Good start on Manifesto. It's looking good.

Nicola said...

Oh Deb she is stunning. I would never have the patience for all that over one. You have my admiration.

pamina said...

Beautiful Deb !Love your one over one scene (not for me...!)

Kevin said...

Ann Smith is just beautiful! I think she's another one that'll be added to my growing list of "must stitch" samplers. Love the colors and the design work in this. (Probably a technical term for the designs in a sampler - motifs?)
Can't wait to watch Manifesto grow as you continue to work on that as well!
Happy stitching today, Deb - hope you get a lot done.

Fiona said...

Ann Smith is looking great. I think I would have done the same as you and left the over 1 on Adam. The more I see Manifesto, the more I covet it.