Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 9 February 2013

The posts about sampler verses are wonderful!  As a Lit major, compiling the book "A Stitch in Rhyme" and working with Prof Tom McBride was  a real pleasure.  Erica's favorite verse was stitched on Sally Fiske's sampler ( collection of Old Sturbridge Village) and has always been one of my favorites.  I hope that more of you will share your favorite verses, and use them on samplers where the original verse is not very appealing (ref: MARY HART).  Not much progress to report from frigid Wisconsin except that I had to delete almost the entire chart of "Antonia" because I assumed the satin stitched borders were symmetrical, and they aren't.  Fifteen hours of work, poof.  However frogging manually is worse than frogging on the computer.  Maybe.
I'd like to attach a photo of something but I'm computer-challenged.  Back to Antonia now!

3 comments:

FlyawayJil said...

Oddly, I find myself giggling at those morbid verses. I especially like the reference to worms( which have terrified me since childhood) in the Mary Hart sampler : ) The character of these rhymes reminds me of the fascinating tombstones in the very old graveyards in New England.

Nicola said...

Bless you Marsha frogging of any kind is not fun.

I have enjoyed reading the comments about favourite verses, we all have so much to share with each other.

Vera said...

Hi Marsha, sympathy for your frogging -- never fun. Antonia sounds intriguing...I love Willa Cather -- does "Antonia" have anything to do with our pioneers so long ago?