Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 24 February 2013

The Dread Band Six of Ann Scutt


You wouldn't think that this band would have filled me with fear and trepidation. Starting out, it didn't.

However, if I could find a way to misread or miscount, I found it on this band. Other than the strawberries, stitched in a fetching shade of blue, I worked every stitch on this band at least twice if not three times. It's sad when you make the same mistake twice.

But it's done, done, done! Now I move on!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations on finishing this band! It really is beautiful and you did a wonderful job on it! I can relate on the frogging...sighs...

Kathy said...

Beautiful work!

SallyFr said...

I thought miscounting was my province. At least you persevered with it. Congratulations

Gillie said...

Sounds like the name of a music band. But well done, Ann, DONE!

Mary said...

Some bands are just bad news from start to finish, but this one looks to be well worth all the pain it inflicted. Lovely! And now you can feel righteous about moving on.....

Nicola said...

Well done in seeing it through Ann. It certainly was worth persevering, the band is a beauty.

SonjaC said...

It is really beautiful and I think we all feel your pain, I have made so many mistakes in the bands of Dorothy Walpole that I could scream!!

Fiona said...

Well done for sticking with it and getting it done.