Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Thank you and progress!

I was so excited when the postman knocked on our door this morning:  for there among a pile of mail was my amazing prize:  thank you so much Nicola - and Marsha, I will so enjoy sewing this beautiful sampler!:
I cannot remember when I last won anything, and to win this Scarlet letter chart is just FANTASTIC!

I thought I would also show you how my Log cabin is progressing:
In order to personalise this sampler I have added the year and my initials in place of numbers above the cabin.  I have also substituted variegated threads for the cabin roof and the grass. I always prefer using variegated threads on large areas, like grass, as it appears softer and more natural - in my opinion anyway.

I do so enjoy checking every day on all the new progress reports on both the Blogs - there is so much beautiful work being sewn - I am in awe.  And once again, thank you Nicola - for everything!

7 comments:

Krista said...

Your log cabin sampler is coming along beautifully!

Nicola said...

So pleased that the postman called.

Your log cabin is so pretty and I think it an excellent idea to use variegated threads on the rook and grass.

Carmen Sutton said...

I love this sampler, I think I need to put this on my must have list! I like the changes you have made, now its all your own.

Katherine said...

Congrats and lovely progress. The sampler is very pretty.

Fiona said...

Congratulations on your win. Great progress on your log cabin.

Tommye said...

Looking good!

Cindy L said...

Congratulations on your win! Thanks for the photo of your log cabin progress....I have this in my stash too.