Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 18 February 2013

SDW Week 16 and a mystery......

Week 16 of SDW.  I can't believe how far we have all got, and I am so pleased to be doing this as a SAL.  The motivation from the girls is so inspirational.

I have finished the alphabet letters, as as I said last week, was changing the colours to make the whole, in my  opinion, more balanced.  Well the D and H just had to go as they were do pale, they might as well have not been there anyway.

I also wanted to incorporate more red, but without it detracting from the chapel.  I think I have done that.

The mystery is, just what does JOJJJZ mean.  At first we thought it might be some more initials  but this alphabet doesn't have a letter J, and what does look like a letter J is actually a number one.  Krista came up with what I think is the solution, and it is in fact, 10,11, 12.  Any other ideas are gratefully received, and Marsha if you have a idea, then we would love to hear it!

Sorry about the creases.

SDW Week 15
SDW Week 16




6 comments:

Krista said...

It looks so beautiful!! I think you are past the half way point now!

Jenny said...

I love this sampler too...your work is really beautiful and I like the changes you have made. Happy Stitching.

EvalinaMaria said...

Looks lovely!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

I always like more red in a sampler.

I think Krista is correct, they are numbers.

Scarlet Letter said...

They are indeed numbers, very stylized.

Fiona said...

You have made great progress. I really like the changes you have made to the D and H.