Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 11 February 2013

SDW Week 15

Another week gone, another week passes for SDW.  This is such a lovely stitch, that I am afraid other projects have slipped slightly.  I have left the colouring in for a while, as I can do this when mobile, and moved onto the letters.  I LOVE stitching letters.

The  colours on the original I felt are a tad pale in places, so I have changed them slightly.  They may well change again, if I don't think the balance is right.  That "D" is bugging me already.

SDW Week 15

My Manifesto pattern has arrived...yay...so busy kitting this up and then off we go.  That is going to be one BIG stitch.

7 comments:

Nicola said...

You have to finish your VS Alphabets sampler Michele you are so close.

SDW is looking amazing. I love the font for the alphabet and they make a nice change after those huge motifs.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Unfortunately I agree with you about the letter D - it's too subtle a colour.

Krista said...

Looks beautiful, Michele! The D does look lighter but is the D and H the same color? Seems almost the same. You have to do what will make you happy in the long run.

Fiona said...

Great progress on SDW. I'm with you, that D would bug me and I think I would change it to a couple of shades darker of the same colour so that it was in keeping with the rest of the alphabet. It kind of fades into the fabric.

Michele said...

Thanks girls. The D is going and so is the H! I will leave them now and go back to them when the whole alphabet is finished.

Cindy L said...

Michele, love the updates-such a pretty sampler.

Lanie said...

SDW just keeps getting prettier...love the alphabet! Look forward to your start on Manifesto!