Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Rebecca Cullin






This is my progress on Rebecca Cullin.  I have been concentrating on filling in the bird on Rebecca.  It's all filled in with stem stitch and I love doing this stitch, but it is time consuming.  I haven't finished doing the tree that the bird is standing in as there is another section on the right, but I have to wait until I have worked the tail before attempting to do it.

I'm really enjoying being parting of this group and it is wonderful to see so many beautiful Scarlet Letter pieces in one spot.  It's lovely to see so many of my favorite samplers in one spot or I should say two spots.

9 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I just love that bird and look forward to seeing it when it is finished.

Kathy said...

Sandra, right now you little birdie almost looks like he has on a baseball cap, lol. He doesn't look quite as mad as we discussed in your last post. Your are making great progress and your stitching is just beautiful!!

Nicola said...

Your stem stitching is amazing, I would be a little bit in awe of this section.

I am so pleased you are enjoying the group, we all have so much to offer.

Deb said...

Your bird does look wonderful Sandra. You know that I will always think of it as Angry Bird now, don't you! LOL

Jenny said...

This bird is wonderful...your stitching is amazing. I too am having a wonderful time seeing all these beautiful samplers...and am learning a lot too.

Lanie said...

Your bird is looking great Sandra! And your stem stitches are perfect! I am working those for the first time on my sampler ... not as daunting as I thought ... although they do take some time!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Marvelous work.

Love the color of angry bird.

Fiona said...

Your bird is looking amazing.

Rebecca in TN said...

Your Rebecca is so inspiring!! I hope to get back to mine in March. Your stem stitching looks great- I'm worried about that part for sure. Great stitching and keep these great photos coming!!