Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Rebecca Cullin

Have been working on Rebecca for the last couple of weeks and thought that I had better show you my progress.  When I left Rebecca I was working on the tree down the bottom left hand corner, but thought that I would become adventurous and start working on the bird that stands in the tree.  This is the bit that has had my eyes rolling every time I looked at it.



I decided  to work as much as I could doing the outline of the bird.  I haven't finished working on his tail as yet though.  I asked my husband if it looked ok and he told me that it looked like a Penguin.  I sent the photo to my Sister to see what she thought and she told me that it looks like one of the Angry Birds lol.


So here is my Angry Bird.

The sampler is being stitched on 40ct Antique White using the called for DMC.  I must say that Rebecca is a very big girl. 

10 comments:

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hi Sandra!

I think your Angry Bird is delightful.

Rebecca is coming along nicely.

Gabi said...

Your Rebecca is such beautiful sampler Sandra. I love everything with birds. Looking forward to admire the beautiful bird with it's colors.

Lanie said...

Hi Sandra! I love Rebecca Cullin although "that bird" is what has given me pause in ordering this sampler. So I am following your progress with great interest and ... you are making me a believer! Your work looks terrific including your bird! Can't wait to see it come to life a little more with all its pretty colors. Loving this piece!

Nicola said...

I don't know about a penguin but he is certainly a bird with attitude.

Looking forward to seeing him filled in.

Katherine said...

I see the penguin. Ask Christine, she's a girl who knows a penguin when she sees one.

Faye said...

Angry bird lookin good!!!!

Fiona said...

Rebecca is looking good.

joann mccormick said...

I love that bird!

Kathy said...

I think this sampler is soooo pretty and I love the bird, angry or not!! Maybe, he's a male and just showing a little masculine attitude! lol

Cindy L said...

I love the bird. Your freehand stitching is lovely!