Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Parrot, Leopard, Lion = Update

Hello Dear Friends,

Another Tuesday evening, a little bit of snow now and then, and not quite as much stitching as I would have liked...but here are some progress pics.  Petunia...Yes, my Parrot does have a name and it is Petunia (thanks to my friend Carol for suggesting the name) and she now has feet!!!  And a tiny bit of colour on her body.  The going is slow...solid stitching is slow...but I love the effect.
 

Here is a pic a little closer of Petunia's head.  She is a beauty!!

And, an overall pic of where things are as of tonight:
This is such a beautiful sampler.  And, if not for this blog (and blog #2) and everyone's encouraging words, I'm not sure I would be getting this done as quickly as I am (even though it doesn't feel all that quick).

Now there will be a bit of a lull on PLL.  I take off for the West Coast on Sunday...I need to make sure there is food in the house for the husband, do laundry, pack, etc.  Next week will be busy (work-wise), but I hope to steal a few hours in the evening for stitching.  Petunia will not be joining me in Wine Country, but rather I will be taking the Pincushion (already kitted), and perhaps Bird in Bough (if I can find the time to dig up some linen and find the threads), and a bit of knitting and a few books.  Having written that, one would wonder if I really plan to work at all - LOL.

Perhaps I'll have a start to show by the 15th when I will be home again.

10 comments:

Gabi said...

Petunia is indeed a real beauty. Your sampler is such a beauty. A real inspiration.

Nicola said...

Enjoy your trip to Wine Country. Petunia and PPL looks amazing, the flower is stunning.

Lanie said...

Vera, this sampler is beautiful. The colors are fabulous. Safe travels...hope you get in some stitching time!

Cindy L said...

Vera, love to see Petunia coming to life!

brod'attitude said...

Really this sampler is beautiful

Kathy said...

This is looking prettier and prettier everytime you post progress. Hope you have a safe and fun trip.

Sarajan (Jan to friends!) said...

Traveling is one of the few times that I'm not stitching and I almost feel guilty for not taking it along. Have a wonderful time in the Wine Country. Petunia will be waiting and ready for you when you return. -- Jan

woolwoman said...

I have been so enamored with this sampler (and others) that I actually spent some time on the SL website yesterday looking thru pages of gorgeous samplers. I just love the colors on this one and your Petunia is beautiful. Enjoy your time away. Melody

Faye said...

I just love Petuna!

Fiona said...

Enjoy your trip. Petunia is looking good sitting among the flowers.