Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 21 February 2013

New start

I while ago I've won Jane Atkinson chart and I promised that I will start Jane on Nicola's birthday. Promised kept, here is my progress from day 1

I took this picture late in the evening and the picture doesn't reflect true colors. The fabric is actually beige not gray. I'm stitching Jane on 40ct linen with Soie D'Alger silk one over two. Nicola is right - Jane is really fun to stitch and it is so addictive!

So long friends,
Evalina

12 comments:

Elaine said...

So pretty! lovely to see your start on it.

Escargopotte bordados said...

I love it !

Elizabeth said...

What a great start.

Lanie said...

What a wonderful way for you to celebrate Nicola's birthday! Hope you enjoy her ... I think the border is just fabulous!

Nicola said...

How beautiful Evalina, I hope you enjoy her as much as I am.

Krista said...

What a beautiful start! The colors are so rich and gorgeous on this one.

Debbie Bauer said...

Jane is a beautiful sampler.The flower is lovely!

Fiona said...

Great start and the flower looks lovely.

Cindy L said...

A wonderful start. This is such a lovely piece.

Vera said...

Beautiful start Evalina!

Anne said...

Fabulous start Evalina!! I love working with those silks too...so lush!!

Kathy said...

A very pretty start!