Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 7 February 2013

New start, Seventeen Sailors and WIP Elizabeth Mitchell

I have not been stitching much for the past few weeks as I had an urge to do some knitting. I have now started Seventeen Sailors and here is my progress to date. I am enjoying stitching this apart from using the very pale cream colour as I find it difficult to work with on this coloured linen (Dublin 25ct, Nutmeg). The finished result is going to be much bigger than I envisaged as the recommended linen is 35ct.



I have neglected stitching Elizabeth Mitchell in favour of Seventeen Sailors. I love Elizabeth but now I have started working on linen I am not so sure about using Aida. Part of me wants to restart Elizabeth on linen but I keep wondering if I should continue on the Aida. I can't do the over one lettering on Aida so have started to work out this using Aida. If I continue I will take out the lettering I have done and do this area in memory of our much loved and missed cats and dogs.


4 comments:

Nicola said...

Well done Elizabeth for starting on linen, you have picked up cross stitching so quickly since November. There will be no going back to Aida.

I am so excited to see your start on Seventen Sailors and look forward to seeing more.

A daylight lamp may be a big help especially when working with the lighter colour therads.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, DH said I should get a daylight lamp after how good I told him you said it was! So I will get one as I find it so frustrating not being able see properly.

Lanie said...

Lovely work, Elizabeth! The flower border on Seventeen Sailors is so pretty.

Fiona said...

Great progress on Elizageth and love the colours on Sailors.