Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 24 February 2013

Nearly finished....

Here is an update on my "Log Cabin" sampler - I have finished the border vine and now have just more of  the flowers to complete, and then the sun and moon either side of the cabin - I hope to get this done during the next two weeks.  There are always so many other things on the agenda, and sadly I did not get as much sewn whilst away visiting my Mother as I had hoped:  however I think it is looking good and it is fun to sew.  Such a relief when the border vine met up! : -
I am itching to start the next on my "SL to do list" - so many of you seem to be racing ahead!  There have been some wonderful updates, I do love reading them all. There are many talented needlewomen out there.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Angie, Your sampler is beautiful! Isn't it absolutely wonderful when the borders meet up? My family always laughs when I am happy dancing around because of the borders...LOL...I still have a ways to go on my sampler but I am already planning my next SL project, and the next, and the next...Happy Stitching!

Kathy said...

I really like this sampler and I LOVE the colors. So happy your borders met up. Always a big relief and time for a happy dance, lol.

Mary said...

Angie, what a sweet, sweet piece! I do know how frustrating it is to be so close to a finish and yet not have the time to get there. And that "to-do" list only gets longer, not shorter!

SallyFr said...

I must look on the SL website for this one. Your rendition of the little house is just beautiful, it reminds me of the many log cabins we saw in Tennessee last October.

Debbie Bauer said...

Your sampler is so beautiful.I love this design and colors.I get a real historic feeling from from this piece.

Melissa said...

Oh we all have the dread of borders don't meeting! So glad you can do the happy dance on this one.

I've admired this design for a long time and now I think it's on my to stitch list. There is a simplicity in the masculine log cabin, but the floral border adds such prettiness! You mucst be so pleased!

Nicola said...

I adore your sampler Angie. I can imagine it hanging in your beautiful home.

Cindy L said...

Angie, I am so glad you are working on this sampler. I have it in my stash and yours is so pretty.

Fiona said...

Your Log Cabin looks great. There is always a huge sigh of relief when a border matches up.