Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 10 February 2013

My Manifesto - Day #1

Well, I have jumped on The Manifesto Train!  I am doing mine on 40 count silk gauze.  I mounted the gauze on Thursday with the help of a couple of my stitching buddies and over 120 tacks later...she was ready for stitching!

Since Nicola recommended that we stitch this one day a week...I was happy to comply!  Since I am doing several other Sampler SAL's right now, one day a week sounded great to me!


Here you can see from my stitching chair the stretcher bars hooked to my Lowery Stand. The bars are 14 inches by 19 inches.

So, this morning I picked up my needle got started.  Below is a picture of where I am right now.


I put my needle minder next to the sun so you could get an idea of the size.

So far, it has been a fun stitch.  It will be very slow going...But one day a week is doable for me!

Happy Stitches,

-Holly in VA

10 comments:

Stitch Wizard said...

This is really pretty so far!! I have never stitched on silk gauze before but I love using 40 ct with linen. I would like to try it sometime. This is nice! Enjoy Manifesto!! It is just gorgeous!

KB said...

As always Holly your stitching is gorgeous. it is so great to be stitching together again :)

Donna said...

Love it Holly so teeny tiny cute ditto what KB said good to be stitching along

Nicola said...

Oh Holly I am so interested in you stitching on silk gauze. It is something I have never done and I love to learn new skills.

Do you do tent stitch or over one.

The silk gauze is not what I had imagined it to be.

Your sun looks so beautiful shining brightly

Bhooma said...

Look great,Holly. Can't wait to see yours grow.

Deb said...

You have me so intrigues with the silk gauze stitching. Your piece is going to be such a great size. I'm going to look so forward to watching your progress on it. You got a lot done for working on it just one day. I've barely have the sun outlined on mine.

Fiona said...

Great progress. I have seen pieces stitched on silk guaze and they look stunning, so small and petite. Looking forward to watching this lovely project grow.

Lanie said...

I am intrigued with this silk gauze...have never seen it. Could you post a little "play by play" of how you stitch with this and how it differs from linen.

Mindi said...

Wow, this is going to be amazing on silk gauze. I've never tried it, looking forward to seeing more pictures.

gayle said...

Beautiful using silk gauze! How did you determine what size 40 gauze you'd need for Manifesto?