Well since my last post I've made very little progress on Dorothy Walpole due to a neck and shoulder issue.
I'm trying various adjustments to the way I stitch to see if it helps to reduce the level of pain I'm having - one of the major changes is that I'm trying to stitch "in hand" instead of working on siesta bars.
I haven't shown a photo of Dorothy as there is so little change from last time, but I have included a snap of a little start I made on the Gardner's Pocketbook.
I like the way that all the outlines are done in black first - it should make it fun when the time comes to insert the colour.
Having the "popping" shoulder problem didn't stop me from adding some new charts. I'm not planning on stitching each one as it is shown - in fact with three of the four I'm going to select areas of the sampler to stitch for small items such as little pouches/sweet bags.
You'll see from my choices that I like strong, vibrant colours. It's not that I don't like soft muted tones but when I'm working on a design I do enjoy the brighter colours. You'll also notice that I like bargello panels as part of a design.
I just love the flowers in the tablet sampler - I think I may do two separate floral panels from this design.
The Rachel Jarret sampler has lots of satin stitch in it which is another stitch I enjoy doing.
Hopefully next time I'll have more progress to show on Dorothy and on The Gardner's Pocketbook.