Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

More of Hannah's Blooms

First I want to say well done to all you ladies and your progress on your samplers!! I feel almost sheepish to show you my minimal progress on my Hannah, but I will show it nonetheless!! I'm hoping to finish the top border this weekend and possibly start some of the motifs...the fun part!!  Here she is stitched on 40 ct. Newcastle linen with AVAS silks...the dreamiest silks in the world!


Oops! I noticed I forgot to fill in that lower left leaf!

8 comments:

Gillie said...

Oh fooey, not minimalist at all, that is considerable stitching! Looking lovely!

Jenny said...

Your stitching is beautiful! Hannah looks lovely.

Gabi said...

Those colors look gorgeous. Great stitching.

FlyawayJil said...

So excited to see your post. I'm in Blog two, and have been looking for someone else working this sampler! My friend Kathie picked up my chart yesterday from Marsha at her studio, and we're going shopping for fabric and fibers on Saturday. Your work is stunning. My efforts will be more conservative, as my eyes won't work 40-count anymore -even with strong light and magnification. I'll be starting Hannah this weekend, and will be anxiously watching your progress!

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

It is looking so lovely. I agree with Gillie - that is a lot of stitching! Irene xxx

Lanie said...

Anne, I think you have quite a bit of stitching done and it is so pretty! The colors look lovely against your linen.

Cindy L said...

Anne,

Your border is coming along beautifully!

Fiona said...

Love the pretty pink shades in Hannah's border. Great progress.