Since last time, I finished the attribution, and then went on to stitch the flower basket. That was where the cross stitch part ended.
Now, I am working on the deer which are done freestyle. The first step is to outline the shape in a stem stitch. Then it is filled in with bands of satin stitch.
I admit that I have been finding this challenging! Somehow the whole deer didn't wind up as close to the border as it should have. I hope it does not look too out of shape. This really is harder than it looks!
I guess I have to get in touch with my inner child to get through it! LOL!
I have done some frogging here. It is very hard to keep the bands consistent, and to gauge how much space they will take up. I have just started the second band here. The deer here, represents 4 evenings worth of stitching, so it is a bit of a slow-go here.
Here is a close-up of the deer.
I have a ways to go yet.
Here is the whole thing so far:
Back soon with another update.