Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 25 February 2013

Large Alphabet done

Hello. I really enjoyed watching the Oscars last night because I was able to stitch and watch at the same time. I can't do that with regular television shows.
I was able to finish and complete the large alphabet. :)
Today I will start the inner alphabet which is multi-colored.
I was stitching with a friend yesterday and we discussing the merits of stitching on a frame of some sort versus stitching in hand which I tend to do almost exclusively.
Any advice on a frame that is easy to use-attach linen, manipulate in hand, or one you could not live without. Someone mentioned in an earlier blog that they liked the millenium frame.

On to stitching...I try for one hour a day.

5 comments:

MoonBeam said...

Hi, Marlene -

I like your start on Circling Alphabets; I haven't seen this sampler before. It looks fun.

Regarding frames, I am stitching my first project on a millennium frame, and I love it. I know they won't be for everyone...kind of bulky and heavy...but I love how the fabric remains taut and neat.

I will probably will order another one, despite the shipping charges to the states.

Keep on with your alphabets!

Bobbi

Cindy L said...

Marlene, this is such a fun piece to do. You've made so much progress on it.
I usually use q snaps but plan on ordering a millenium frame after seeing everyone's review.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

You are coming right along.

It is such a fun stitch.

Nicola said...

Have a look at the video I posted on blog 1 today for a demo of the millennium frame and make sure you have entered for the £50 gift certificate for the frame, draw is this Friday.

Fiona said...

Your Alphabet looks great. I am with Nicola, frame wise the Millenium is by far the easiest to use and maintain tension.