Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 2 February 2013

Some finishes

I  have finished two Scarlet Letter Sampler WIP's
Rebecka Watson
The photo does not do this sampler justice, I think framing it will allow more of the detail to show up.
When I once again picked up this sampler last week there was not much left to finish.
I recommend not saving the harder bits till the last, not because they are hard, but because I become impatient to finish and find that I want to rush through it.


 Another Scarlet Letter 
ABCD 1817
If you look this one up on the website you will find that mine does not look exactly like it...
The kit did not contain enough of the gold silk and again due to impatience to finish I added the red in its place.  I'm still trying to decide if I like it, but its over one and I think its here to stay.
I'm planing for a different finish for this one so stay tuned for that update.
 I have also done a little work on the Huntsman.
I am most impressed with all the progress everyone is making, do you think that combined we could stitch all of the Scarlet Letter Samplers on offer?

11 comments:

Krista said...

Wonderful finishes, congrats!! I especially love the colors and flowers on the Rebecka piece.

Frances Seng said...

I love your progress on Hunstman.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Where do you keep the smoking needles?

The Huntsman looks great--colors are awesome

Nicola said...

Congratulations Carmen on two superb finishes. Your Huntsman is looking so good. Since seeing pictorials being stitched I have fallen in love with them. It would be wonderful if we could have every sampler in our finishes gallery.

Faye said...

Wow!!!! They are just beautiful!,

Elizabeth said...

Lovely finishes Carmen...your needle must be red hot!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Marvelous works! Congratulations on your finishes.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love The Huntsman, the design seems to jump off the linen.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

That Huntsman looks ready for action. I love your finishes. Congratulations. Irene xxx

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

That Huntsman looks ready for action. I love your finishes. Congratulations. Irene xxx

Fiona said...

Congratulations on your two finishes, they both look stunning. The Huntsman is looking good.