Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 11 February 2013

I Couldn't Decide

      I've had a hard time settling on just one project since the month of February started. Here's some photos of the SL projects I've been working on this month.
Jane Atkinson WIP

I added almost one line of verse and the butterfly and bird on the berry bough.

       I grew bored with Jane A. and decided what would really interest me was to start a new project, one with a bird. It was a toss up between Sarah Harvey and Sarah Pain.  I went with Sarah Pain. She's being stitched on a piece of mystery 36 ct. linen with AVAS and NPI silks.

Sarah Pain


       I received The Manifesto chart in the mail and pondered a bit as to my choices of linens and silks for this massive project. I went with a large piece of 38 ct. cream Bellazia linen that I had in my stash. I'm using a variety of silks and over-dyed silks, most of which I had in my stash, for my piece. I stitched the entire outline border across the top width to make sure my linen was large enough. I have at least a three inch border on all sides.

     Here's my start:

The Manifesto
Laurie

13 comments:

Jenny said...

Laurie I love all of your projects, especially Sarah Pain. The colors are so pretty and I love the birds and verse in this one!

HollyXSing said...

You have been a very busy girl!!!

I admire all of your hard and beautiful work!

I will follow with interest your progress on the Manifesto!

All the best,

-Holly in VA

Stitch Wizard said...

You have sooo much done on Jane Atkinson!! I love it and I too am stitching Jane and loving it!! I admire all of your work too and love Manifesto!! It is beautiful!

Krista said...

Beautiful progress, Laurie! Glad to see you will be doing Manifesto with all of us!

Nicola said...

I think your idea of making sure you have enough fabric is a good one. Could you imgaine getting to the end of Manifesto and you didn't have enough !!!!!!

Your Jane is looking amazing I cannot wait to get to the verse.

I will be following your progress on Sarah wih great interest.

samplerlover said...

I agree with Nicola, Jane is looking amazing. Have always liked this sampler and Sarah is beautiful. I remember seeing this one years ago on another blog and thinking how beautiful it was.

Great start on The Manifesto.

Faye said...

Lots of great projects Laurie!! I love Jane.... Would love to stitch her one day..... Manifesto?, I will have to leave that to you experts.... Great progresses....

Cindy L said...

Laurie, your stitching is absolutely beautiful and so much progress on them!

Solstitches said...

Jane is looking very lovely and Sarah is pretty also in those gorgeous colours. Love the bird.
Great start on Manifesto too.
I can't imagine having three projects of this size on the go at once!

Margaret

Lanie said...

Wow Laurie, you have surrounded yourself with beautiful projects! Lovely work!

brod'attitude said...

I love, I love all the projects

Fiona said...

Great progress on all 3 designs. I love the colours in Jane A and Sarah looks very pretty too. I am planning on adding Manifesto to my wish list.

Kevin said...

Your work is beautiful. Especially love that border on Jane Atkinson.