Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 7 February 2013

Hornbook Bestiary progress

Here are some progress pictures of my Hornbook Bestiary.  It's stitched on 35ct linen and AVAS silks as kitted.
 
 
I'm making slow steady progress on the Hornbook Bestiary.  Here's where I last left off.
 
Progress as of 1/24/13

Progress as of 2/6/13

The linen color in the top two pictures are more true to life.   I'm finding it's difficult to get a consistent picture of the linen color this winter since I have to use a lamp to take the pictures instead of natural light.

 
Here's a close up of all those over one stitches!  They sure do look nice.  My DH still says it looks like a pinecone monkey.  He's so silly!



10 comments:

Nicola said...

Your stitching is exquisite. I really admire the over one you are doing.

Dawn said...

He is silly. Beautiful over one work!!
Way to go.

Mindi said...

You can do it! I know its tough with all the over 1 stitching, but just take it a bit at a time, its so worth the effort. I hate to enable your husband, but it sort of does remind me of one of the flying monkeys from a computer game I used to play.

Erica near Chicago said...

Another very intriguing pattern. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

Deb said...

I suppose that the angel does look like a pinecone monkey at this point! LOL But not really. I love how this looks with all the over one stitches.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thanks, Nicola! It's coming along slowly. It will be worth it in the end.

Yes, Dawn my honey is a silly one.

Oh Mindi, if you only knew. My DH is a character for sure.

Thanks, Erica! I'm looking forward to watching it grow as well.

I agree, Deb it will really look great with all those tiny stitches!

Mary said...

What fun to see your progress on this project! It's such an interesting design.

Kathy said...

Your over one stitching is just gorgeous!

Fiona said...

Your hornbook looks great.

joann mccormick said...

I love how this is progressing! Just love your pine one monkey angel!