Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 4 February 2013

Here I am, STILL avoiding the over-1!

I am really enjoying Elizabeth Sheffield! I think it's the colors, but the birds and flowers are gorgeous too. Or it could be that stitching this is a lot like coloring in a coloring book. Whatever it is, I can't seem to put this one down. BUT- I am seriously dreading all that over-1 stitching. I keep telling myself it won't be so bad once I get going. I can see the threads really well on this linen and my floss is thin, but I tried doing a bit just in tent stitch last night and mis-counted and the frogging was traumatic! Someone come stitch the over-1 parts for meeee!

And to add to my 'troubles,' I will become eligible for senior citizens' discounts at a lot of places this Friday! The double-five!

Well, here she is at exactly 27 hours of stitching time. (I time my stitching because people always ask, "how long did that take?") I would like to say I have tons of data, but that would require that I actually finish some things!

8 comments:

Lelia said...

I think needlework in general is relaxing - finishing something becomes a bonus!!!!

Angela Cruz-Garcia said...

Beautiful! Your progress is stunning.

Lanie said...

Elizabeth Sheffield is such a pretty sampler. She is one of my favorites. Your stitching is lovely and I hope you continue to enjoy her...even the over 1! I never look forward to the over 1 but find once I get it started it is never as bad as feared...it just takes time and patience! Good luck!

Donna said...

Jamie Elizabeth looks wonderful the colors are spectacular. Just keep going 1 stitch at a time and before you know it you will be done

Cheri said...

I like that bird and Happy Birthday

Nicola said...

Happy birthday Jamie, make good use of those discounts you now qualify for.

I often think that we build ourselves up for the over one and when we actually start with some patience and perseverance we get into the groove and then we wonder what we were worried about.

Donna has summed up Elizabeth perfectly SPECTACULAR.

Cindy L said...

Jamie, your Elizabeth is coming along beautifully. I am waiting for mine to arrive so I can get started. Happy Birthday to you!

Fiona said...

Great progress. All the flowers and the birds look stunning.