This was not without problems however.
Sometime after starting the second deer, I noticed that the dye lot was different. The deer on the right is actually a lot brighter than the one on the left.
I am hoping that it is not too noticeable.
I can't help but think these look like cartoon deer! I don't think they had cartoons back in Harriot's day, but these guys certainly have a Disney-esque quality to them! I think it's the eyes.
One of them turned out to be a bit larger than the other. Not sure how that happened.
Oh well. I am certainly not going to do them over again!
I started working on the flowers. They are also done freestyle. I am not having any easier time with these, but atleast, the vines and leaves aren't quite as obvious when you mess up!
I have a ways to go. I have the center floral motif, and then the left motif to do yet. After that, I will go on to do the grass.
Here is how it looks so far.
I love seeing all your projects, and I am so grateful to Nicola for bringing us all together this way!