Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Harriot's Goofy Deer are finished

Finally!
This was not without problems however.
Sometime after starting the second deer, I noticed that the dye lot was different. The deer on the right is actually a lot brighter than the one on the left.
I am hoping that it is not too noticeable.
I can't help but think these look like cartoon deer! I don't think they had cartoons back in Harriot's day, but these guys certainly have a Disney-esque quality to them! I think it's the eyes.

One of them turned out to be a bit larger than the other. Not sure how that happened.
Oh well. I am certainly not going to do them over again!


I started working on the flowers. They are also done freestyle. I am not having any easier time with these, but atleast, the vines and leaves aren't quite as obvious when you mess up!

I have a ways to go. I have the center floral motif, and then the left motif to do yet. After that, I will go on to do the grass.

Here is how it looks so far.


I love seeing all your projects, and I am so grateful to Nicola for bringing us all together this way!

9 comments:

Katherine said...

I can't see the difference in the color, it may be more obvious in person. Great work!

Nicola said...

I can't either. I think this is such a charming sampler.

C Street Samplerworks said...

Erica, I'm so excited to see your completed deer--they look wonderful! I don't notice any difference in the color, and as for the size, remember in nature, no two deer are exactly alike. (At least I assume they're not!)

Congratulations on getting past the deer--I'm sure the rest will be a piece of cake!

Peace & Love,
Fran

Lanie said...

Erica I love your deer ... I think one is a boy and the other his special girl ... how's that?!! This is such a charming sampler.

Lanie said...

And yes I do know female deer don't have antlers but I'm sticking with my version of the story! 😉

EvalinaMaria said...

Looks absolutely lovely!

Erica said...

Thanks for all your wonderful encouragement!
I am just taking the stance that deer do look differnt in nature.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Fiona said...

I can't notice the difference in the deer and they really do look a bit like Bambi.

Dianne said...

The deer have a winsomeness to them that add to the sampler's charm enormously - I love them! I'll look forward to seeing more of your progress.