Thought I would pop in with an update on Harriot.
Since last time, I completed the alphabet in the eyelet stitch.
Next came the gold dividing band.
The next alphabet was done in a satin stitch.
Then came the strawberry vine. This was done in cross stitch first and then returning to complete the little leaves in a freehand style satin stitch. I must say I found it difficult to keep the leaves consistent. I hope they came out all right. It was a persnickety kind of thing!
Then it was on the the attribution, which is being stitched in a rust color. I am almost finished with it. I just need to complete the date.
Next will be to complete the right hand border and do the freehand scene on the bottom. That should take a while!
Here it is so far:
I have really enjoyed seeing everyones work. I have seen some samplers that I just have to stitch, though I am really try to be good and stitch from my stash!
Be back with another update soon!