Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 1 February 2013

Harriot Boardman Update

Hello All!

Thought I would pop in with an update on Harriot.

Since last time, I completed the alphabet in the eyelet stitch.
Next came the gold dividing band.
The next alphabet was done in a satin stitch.

Then came the strawberry vine. This was done in cross stitch first and then returning to complete the little leaves in a freehand style satin stitch. I must say I found it difficult to keep the leaves consistent. I hope they came out all right. It was a persnickety kind of thing!

Then it was on the the attribution, which is being stitched in a rust color. I am almost finished with it. I just need to complete the date.



Next will be to complete the right hand border and do the freehand scene on the bottom. That should take a while!
Here it is so far:

I have really enjoyed seeing everyones work. I have seen some samplers that I just have to stitch, though I am really try to be good and stitch from my stash!

Be back with another update soon!

11 comments:

Krista said...

I think it looks fantastic! Love the denim color fabric.

Elizabeth said...

This is looking really good. I love the satin stitch alphabet. Your choice of linen highlights the threads beautifully.

Rowyn said...

Wow, this piece is looking really lovely - and it looks like you are not too far away from a finish.

I like the denim coloured fabric.

PoundingSand said...

Harriot is charming, and her strawberry leaves suit her perfectly. This is my favorite of the "green linen" samplers - the little deer will be wonderful!

Kate

Nicola said...

Absolutely stunning. The fabric really shows off the design and colours so well. Thank you for sharing.

Mindi said...

I love the dark linen!

Ellen said...

Gorgeous! The sampler looks great on that fabric!

Hugs,

Katherine said...

Nice job; and I love that colored fabric.

C Street Samplerworks said...

She's looking great, Erica! Your last photo looks just about like mine, when I got cold feet about working the freehand deer. I hope that seeing your progress on the deer will inspire me to pick my Harriot up again! Maybe you'll be able to give me some tips!

Peace & Love,
Fran

Fiona said...

Great progress and your leaves look great.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I love the colour too. So distinctive. It will look amazing hanging up. Irene xxx