Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Finally A Start

A start ! is a start ! is a start !

Last night I got some much needed stitching time in and have started my Elizabeth Simon Sampler by the Scarlet Letter.

Elizabeth Simon





I started on the very outside sawtooth edge barely visible in this picture but its started and as the title says a start, is a start, is a start no matter how small.

Some close ups,

Elizabeth Simon

Elizabeth Simon

I'm stitching this on 32ct Raw Belfast Linen using DMC threads. Its not much but I'm enjoying it and that's what matters.

Ruth.

7 comments:

Cindy L said...

Congratulations on your start! It takes one stitch at a time. Your border is looking very pretty.

Kathy said...

Nice start.
Your satin stitches look great.

Mindi said...

I love the flower border on this sampler.

Fiona said...

Great start your satin stitches look very neat.

Nicola said...

A start is certainly a start and now we will see this beautiful sampler grow. Your satin stitching is perfect.

Scarlet Letter said...

This is one of my favorite samplers but the photo doesn't do it justice. I will follow the Simon thread to see how she evolves under another hand.

Kevin said...

Oh boy! I'm excited to see your start on Elizabeth Simon, as I'm also going to stitch her sampler. I'm hoping to start mine this week. Yours is looking good so far! I'm looking forward to following your progress.