Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 4 February 2013

Elizabeth Burrows finish

Elizabeth has been very close to a finish for the last week, and I finally finished her off last night while watching Downton Abbey.  I chose to add a band at the bottom as my "signature" instead of changing any of the original initials.

Elizabeth Burrows stitched on 35 ct R&R Old Town Blend,
various overdyed silk floss

I loved learning the Montenegrin stitch, but just tolerated the Italian cross over 3.


Satin stitch always looks lush and fabulous, especially with silk, but I had more frogging in the satin stitch bands than the whole rest of the sampler.


Eyelets, lots of eyelets.  I'm rather proud of myself for actually stitching them instead of swapping them out for smyrna crosses like I usually do.  Dare I say, but I actually started to enjoy stitching the eyelets.


I think its time for Jane Rees to come out and play.  The last photo I can find of her is from April 2009.  I know I've worked on her since then, but much.  As you can see, there's a LOT more to be stitched.


12 comments:

Cindy L said...

Mindi, congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Tommye said...

Congrasts on your finish. You did a lovely job. What a great feeling of accomplishment.

Gabi said...

Gorgeous finish Mindi. What a neat way to add your name to the sampler. Love it.
Jane is a beauty too. :)

Nicola said...

A beautiful finish Mindi, thank you for the close ups, it is so good to see the detail.

Rachel said...

Oh, my, gosh, that is SO beautiful!!!

Vera said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Christine said...

It is beautiful, I hope mine comes out even half as well

Lanie said...

Mindi congratulations on your finish! You did a beautiful job with all the specialty stitches. After seeing your last post I ordered this chart although I did not realize how much of it was specialty stitches but I now love it all the more! I think I'll take a look at some overdyed silks also. Love the look yours has!
P.S. Great job on conquering The Eyelet!!

Kielrain said...

Lovely finish. Thanks for showing some up close pieces!

Fiona said...

Lovely finish and looking forward to watching your progress on your next project.

Kathy said...

Very nice finish and I love your WIP.

woolwoman said...

Your finish is beautiful and contains so many lovely specialty stitches which were expertly executed. Lovely photos too. Bless your soul tackling Jane Rees - I had about that much done on mine and I sold it to a fellow EGA member - I just didn't see myself ever finishing Jane. YGG - enjoy - Melody