Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 14 February 2013

Dorothy Walpole restart

After NOT liking my first start of Dorothy Walpole using 2 strands of DMC, I decided to restart her. This time I chose 40ct linen and 1 strand of DMC.   SOOOOOOO much better. I just love it now. I haven't gotten very far with the restart; but that is my fault. I have been stitching on my Moria Blackburn Three Things sampler, and I love that too. Also, I got a new Kindle and downloaded my first book and have been busy reading. Too many interests, not enough hours in the day when you work a 40 hour week. Here are a couple of pictures of my restart









Nikki

9 comments:

Ellen said...

Beautiful restart!

I have not been working on mine too, many other things along the way ha ha!

Hugs,

Dawn said...

Beautiful restart - wow, over one - impressive.

Faye said...

Nice restart Nikki..... You have a lot going on..... Now, if we cxould just retire from that 40 hr/wk job......

Elaine said...

Very pretty! I listen to audio books as I stitch that way I can do two things at once :)

SonjaC said...

Very very pretty, since I am working the sampler I am anxious to see others. I can't believe you re-started it, that took courage, I am much too lazy to do that!! We are so lucky to be seeing all these beauties from so many wonderful stitchers. Like you I have to many things going on but keep plugging away!

Lanie said...

Very nice, Nikki! So glad you are now happy with Dorothy. She is far too pretty to not be madly in love!

Vera said...

Gorgeous re-start. Just beautiful. I need to get this one to add to my stash!

Nicola said...

I admire your decision to restart. Dorothy is looking so beautiful.

Have you tried audiobooks, I listen rather than read these days.

Fiona said...

Great restart, I'm also stitching on 40ct with one thread. Just think, if we didn't work we wouldn't be able to buy all our lovely stash.