Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 3 February 2013

Back on Track!

I'm so pleased to be making forward progress on Ann Grimshaw again!  As of this morning, here's how she stands.

 
Last post, I was horrified to find I was off by a thread on the far left motif, which would have put a single linen thread one one end of the widest star point and three on the other end.  Looking at that imbalance from here on out would have been much more agonising than correcting the mistake!  So here's a good look at the redo:
  
 
In the meantime, I also refocused on this beautiful morning glory motif, stitching with the darker skein of Finnegan's Fog.
 
 
 
Think I'll finish up the right corner motifs now and see where they take me.  Hope everyone is enjoying their projects as much as I am!

6 comments:

Krista said...

Wow Mary, looks awesome!!

Lanie said...

I'm so glad, Mary, that you are feeling better now that your ooops has been corrected. Sometimes you can let it go and then other times it just needs to be taken care of. But Ann sure is looking wonderful. I am loving the Finnegan's Fog!

Nicola said...

You can enjoy the rest of her now, you would not have had piece of mind otherwise.

Finnegan's Fog is perfect for Ann.

Faye said...

Wonderful color selection!!!

Stitch Wizard said...

I too am so glad you were able to get it back on track so you won't be always remembering that mistake was there. I am like that too about my stitching and it is wonderful to have it fixed and ready to move forward. Your stitching is beutiful! I love the color of your thread!

Fiona said...

Great progress on Ann. The motifs are beautiful and your colour choice is perfect.