Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 24 February 2013

A Bit More on Ann

After being away from home and Ann Grimshaw most of  last week, it felt really good to settle back in with her again, even though there have also been a million other things to get caught up with.  Here's what's new on Miss Ann as of this morning.

 
And a wide shot in all her glory..


What start out as a worry - two very different dye lots of the same color run - has really become a happy stroke of good fortune.  It's been a lot of fun to pick and choose which of the motifs will be stitched in the main paler tones, and which will be accented in the darker.

And such a thrill to find this in the mail yesterday afternoon.....


...the first 10 skeins of silk from SewandSew, won as one of  this month's giveaways!  The other 10  should be arriving shortly.  Thank you again Nicola, I'm still breathless with excitement over this.  I wasn't really planning to start on Jane Atkinson until later in the year, but once the rest of the silks arrive, it's very unlikely I'll be able to put her off that long.  As for linen choices, I'm wondering what those of you who have already started or completed Jane have gone with?

Off to wait for tonight's Academy Awards fashion faux pas....

10 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I just love AVAS - they are such a pleasure to stitch with.

Krista said...

Mary your Ann Grimashaw looks amazing! Love the colors!!! Enjoy the Oscars this evening!

Nicola said...

Miss Grimshaw looks amazing. You have chosen so well with the thread you went for.

For Jane I am using Floba 36ct in cream which is a favourite I always have in my stash. I would have gone for LL vintage exemplar light if I could have purchased some quickly.

Faye said...

Ahhhh... Avas is one of the best feeling silks to use!! They look heavenly and that quite a score to have won them! I would also love to stitch Dorothy this year ..... We will see!

Dawn said...

Your Ann is beautiful - I love the color variation.
Congratulations on your win.

woolwoman said...

Beautiful silks for your Jane and I LOVE how Ann Grimshaw is coming out. She has always been on my "must do" list - maybe one day (sigh) - Melody

Rachel F said...

The threads you are using are so pretty. Your Ann looks beautiful and quite unique. Wonderful to see how you turned disappointment into a treasure.

Cindy L said...

I love the color thread you are stitching with!

Pat L said...

Lovely!

Fiona said...

Ann looks great and the colour, even the variation, looks amazing. Just ordered the last of my AVAS as they have just arrived in stock.