Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 14 January 2013

WIP update

The time is flying by, and slowly but surely I'm seeing my sampler grow.  Ann Smith received some attention before Christmas, but then got packed away when we had house guests, came back out again, and then I got sidetracked a bit.  I have a few more vibrant flowers stitched, and some of the over one has been started.
Ann Smith on 35 ct Lambswool with AVAS silk
Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures - I've been sick with a sinus infection and didn't have much desire to  pull out the big camera much less iron.  I figure a snap with the phone was better than no pictures.

What distracted me from Ann Smith the last couple of days was a very sweet sampler - Miss Elizabeth Burrows.  Small in size, only 4 colors, but she's required a bit of mental agility since I can't just count in 2s with her.  Much of it is stitched over 3 or 4 threads, depending on what row and stitch was used.  I love specialty stitches (no, over 1 doesn't count) and Elizabeth Burrows gave me a chance to try a couple I've never done before - Montenegrin and Italian cross.

Elizabeth Burrows on 35 ct Park City Blend by R&R
with assorted overdyed silk

7 comments:

Angela Cruz-garcia said...

I am loving both samplers. I have not yet been able get over my fear of specialty stitches. I do think that with this challenge, I will give myself the chance to change that. Wonderful progress.

Fiona said...

Both your samplers look great. The vibrant colours in the first one are beautiful.

Tommye said...

Ann Smith is stunning!

Great start on EB!

anniebeez said...

Ann Smith is going to be so beautiful! Great start on EB, are you using sampler threads?

Nicola said...

Ann is a special sampler, so beautiful. I think it is nice to vary up your stitching and it is good to have another one to exchange with some speciality stitching.

Anne said...

Stunning progress! I love both samplers a lot!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Beautiful!