Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 27 January 2013

WHERE THE HART LIVES

Good day everyone

WOW - such beautiful Scarlet Letter samplers being stitched on these two blogs.  I haven't had much time for blog reading this month so I'm sure I have missed a lot.

When I joined this blog I mentioned that I wanted to work on a barely started Dorothy Walpole.
I can't believe I completely forgot about my poor 1/2 finished long neglected Where the Hart Lives sampler.

I'm sorry to say I don't remember what linen I am stitching it on but I think it is Belfast Antique White and with the called for Soie d'Alger colors.  I am running low on the color used to fill the border so I am trying to finish the border before I move back to the interior of the sampler in case I have to use a different dye lot of the dark red.

This sampler was intended to be an anniversary sampler for my parents who name happens to be HART - happy coincidence right !  They are both stitchers so they will love and  enjoy this sampler once it finally gets done.  Haven't taken a single stitch on Dorothy Walpole.  So I think I will change my focus to this lovely SL sampler since I have so much of it done already.  Plus I nominated it for a "finishing challenge" that our EGA guild is sponsoring for 2013.  This SAL and that challenge  should keep it out of the basket and in my hands quite a bit more this year.  Cheers and happy stitching  Melody

10 comments:

Jon Lee said...

This is really beautiful. I love the bunny in the background. I am loving looking at all the beautiful samplers everyone is stitching.

Chris said...

This is a gorgeous piece. I hope that you are inspired to finish it!

Krista said...

WOW! This is such a stunning piece.

Kathy said...

Gorgeous!!! What a work of art your are creating for your parents!! You have just gotta get it finished!!!! Your parents will be so grateful and happy when you give this to them.

I sure hope you have enough of the dark red that you need to finish it. Wishing you good luck on that!

Elizabeth said...

What a lovely present for your parents ...I am sure they will love it.

Cindy L said...

Melody, I am looking forward to seeing you finish this piece. It is beautiful and you are 1/2 way there.

Nicola said...

Oh Melody this is a perfect gift for your parents and how wonderful that they both stitch.

I often joke with my husband that he should take it up. I am secretly glad that he hasn't as I am sure that I would have to spend many hours sorting out tangled threads.

Kevin Tober said...

What a thoughtful gift for your parents! Lovely job. I'm also happy to hear both your parents stitch. I know it's rare to find male stitchers, but we're out here. ;)

Fiona said...

What a beautiful gift this is for yur parents. There is a lot of work in the whole piece. The red of the border is lovely and makes the letters really pop.

Gabi said...

Wow, what a beautiful sampler. Love it It will make a fantastic gift