Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 23 January 2013

The Parrot Has Emerged

Hello Everyone From Chilly PA,

Wow, my car registered 11 degrees the entire way to work this a.m.  It is COLD!!!  Perfect weather for curling up with a delicious sampler.  So far that hasn't happened tonight...but there is still a little time.  Meanwhile, some updates on PLL.  I did not get as far along as I had hoped (of course), but nonetheless am pleased with the little progress I have made. 

And...the Parrot has emerged.  He/She is now watching me all the time LOL.  I was so glad to have moved downwards and work with some colors other than green and gold, but I could not resist moving to the right and putting in a few stitches on the parrot.  Here is a close-up.

I am loving this sampler so much.  I know that belonging to this SAL has  been an enormous help in spurring me on, but I am amazed at how much I am enjoying this.

Now my problem/decision is:  what else to do?  I will be traveling for business half of February and this piece is way too big to travel with...so I need another piece to carry with me.  I am thinking of Pincushion (which, I believe several are already working on) or Bird in a Bough.  Both are in my stash.  Thoughts anyone?  Here are links to the samplers on the SL site:

http://www.scarlet-letter.com/samplers/pincushion.php

http://www.scarlet-letter.com/samplers/birdinb.php


9 comments:

Miss Pants said...

That parrot appears to be leering... :-P

I love these samplers, the ones that are outlined and colored in...so cool.

I believe that I would choose Bird in a Bough as well. The other seems tiny for traveling.

Kathy said...

I can definitely see why you think the parrot is looking at you all the time, lol. However, he is a spiffy looking fellow. Great colors in this sampler.

Kaisievic said...

Love the parrot and bird in a bough is a lovely design.

HollyXSing said...

I love how this is turning out! I'm just waiting for that parrot to wink;)

-Holly in VA

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Great progress.

That parrot is a hoot - wait I guess I should say squawk. As long as he doesn't tell you how to stitch he should be good company.

I think you should keep up with bird theme.

Nicola said...

I love your parrot, what have you called him/her ?

The pincushion is an amazing piece, well worth all the over one.

I am so pleased that you are enjoying the SAL, what fun it is to share.

EvalinaMaria said...

Pincushion is a perfect choice. You'll need a good light because is stitched over one. You WIP is coming along nicely, I think I fell in love with your parrot too! Well, one more sampler on my wish list!
And the cold? Honey what about -17? -30? That's cold! (I live on the North :))

Lelia said...

Wow - love the bird. you'll have to name your parrot. What fun. As for pincushions - both are lovely.

The kingfisher bird looks interesting; however, you may be tired of feathers!

Enjoy the day. Stitch well.

Fiona said...

Your sampler looks great. As for a portable project, there was another member who was doing an alphabet that only uses two colours as her small project. Sorry, I'm not very familiar with all the different samplers so don't know the name of it.