Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Starting IAMEK Dated 1801

I started IAMEK on New Year's Day along with another sampler, Jane Pattison by Shakespeare's Peddler. Both samplers are in a weekly rotation for now, probably until there is further progress on both. As you can see, I am still on the border but am looking forward getting to the fun stuff next week! I ended up changing fabrics because my original choice seemed too dark after all.  I'm using a piece of 40 count linen that I had in my stash, and I think it's an older piece of Lakeside Linen Vintage Light Examplar. Please forgive the wrinkled state of my work! I'm seriously considering not pressing my pieces before blogging them this year to avoid the stress on fabric and silk. 


What a great way to start the New Year! Hope you all are enjoying the challenge so far!





5 comments:

Gillie said...

Dona, I agree, I never iron the work, occasionally the unstitched part until it's finished. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Nicola said...

I have never pressed any of my samplers. I would be too worried in case I damaged them.

Krista said...

Beautiful start. I only press mine at the very end.

stitchinpeanut said...

Absolutley wonderful start... I do not press until the very end and even then the iron does not touch my fabric i iron with a piece of muslim towl between the iron and my piece. This is a lovely piece Nd i can not wait to see more.

Vera said...

I, too, do not iron until the stitching is completed and then only with a cloth between my linen and the iron. This is so lovely -- wonderful start.