Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Spot Motif circa 1640

I have managed to get a little more done on my Scarlet Letter piece Spot Motif circa 1640. I started this piece just for Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year. I love it! It is completely tent stitched over one on 40 ct and is very bright and colorful. My goal for 2013 is to finish at least 25% of this one. I plan to outline first, then go back and fill in the colors. I couldn't resist stitching the little caterpillar completely because he is so cute!
Spot Motif 1640 1-14-13, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
I hope to devote more time to my SL stitching after March 1st- I have three SALs that should be done by then, so Rebecca Cullin is highest on my list then!!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Even over one this looks like a really fun stitch the way you're going about it. Great work and beautiful colors.

Anne said...

Such a pretty little design!

Nicola said...

You have my admiration. I would struggle with 40ct and I have never felt comfortable with tent stitch.

I think that outlining first is a good way of stitching. The colouring in afterwards will be great fun.

Elaine said...

I love this one, beautiful stitching!

Dona said...

They are pretty, bright colors! This is a great sampler.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Great start!

It is a great plan to outline first, and then fill in.