Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Something to think about

Another month has gone by and what pleasure it is to see what a success this SAL has been.  Each and every stitcher posting their work on this blog has to be so proud of their work!!  I too get great pleasure out of this SAL-- even though I am really slacking in this department!!  LOL.  You see, my progress of Dutch Beauty has thrown me in for a loop, however the end is near :)  I am looking forward to rejoining the 5 other gals already in full swing of SDW-- and WOWZA, what great progress they are making.  I am cheering them on with each and every stitch I put into DB.  I know that on my own blog I have made my New Years resolution not to start anything new this year, and I already know the wagon is tipping :)  I have gone into the basement over the Holidays and found a few SL charts that I would like to start, however, not until DB is done and SDW is moving along. 
Mary Gail (among dozens) that caught my eye (Picture off pattern cover) and why it did, was simply because I knew I had the perfect linen in my stash for it.  Vintage Autumn Gold from Lakeside Linens.  I am not sure if you would call it cheating, but I am not going to stitch the background.  I do not think it is is however, I think it is a time saver!!  LOL
I have gone ahead and pulled some colors that I thought might work for this piece, out of the entire color list I think I had 2 of the called for colors.  But, lets be creative shall we?  I have to purchase some additional colors but that is the easy part.  Not starting it will be the hard part!!!!

12 comments:

Nicola said...

You just have to finish your gorgeous Dutch Beauty and we are all willing you on.

Mary Gail will be a super sampler to work on and I think that the fabric you have chosen is far too nice to fill in the background.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely new choice.

brod'attitude said...

I love your choice.

Krista said...

What a great choice, it will be hard to not start. Awesome idea of letting the fabric do the background work. I have seen your progress on Dutch Beauty and can see why it is hard to put down, it is gorgeous!

Lanie said...

Your DB is so pretty! Sending you some good stitching mojo. What an accomplishment it will be! Look forward to your Mary Gail start. I just added her to my list as well. I like your linen choice for her...making a note of that!

Erica near Chicago said...

I love the look of the threads against your fabric and look forward to seeing your start on this.

Deb said...

This piece in on my stitching list for this year and I was going to use the Vintage Autumn Gold also. Why spend all that time filling in the background?

BTW, your Dutch Beauty is gorgeous and seeing your progress on it made me pull out my copy. Don't know when I'll get to it, but you definitely got my blood flowing with it.

Ellen said...

What a beautiful piece! I look forward to following your progress.

Kathy said...

Oh! no!!!!!! I gotta quit looking at all these great samplers. My list is growing way past my arm's length, lol. Great pick for a new project and the colors you have picked will look great!

Dona said...

Your fabric and threads for Mary Gail are gorgeous! Love this sampler!

Press on with Dutch Beauty. How exciting it will be to finish it!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Wonderful choices.
Really beautiful.

I look forward to watching your progress.

Gabi said...

Such a beautiful piece. Mary Gail is on my to do list too. And it's not cheating indeed, it IS a time saver. Besides I do love it when the background is linen instead of stitched up. Looking forward to see your progress.
Oh, and Dutch Beauty is so very gorgeous too.