Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 13 January 2013

Some Progress on Dorothy Walpole

I have made a bit of progress on my Dorothy Walpole this past week. I realized now that I have taken a picture of it, that I did the first row of eyelets and straight stitches wrong; but I think I will leave it as is because trying to pick out eyelet stitches is a real pain.

Here it is a bit closer up
Just a couple more rows and the dreaded queen stitch is coming up. I will practice on a scrap of fabric until I feel comfortable doing them before tackling the sampler I think.

I am enjoying seeing everyone's progress; there are so many beautiful samplers. I did not stitch the letters DR on the row with the numbers yet. Are these Dorothy's initials, does anyone know? I was thinking of adding my own initials there as I would like to personalize this sampler for myself. There was a discussion of that here, and I want to do that.

Have a great week everyone.

Nikki




4 comments:

Gabi said...

Looking gorgeous. Wouldn't have realised that there is a fault if you hadn't mentioned it. It looks lovely at it is. It's called personalised :)

Inguna said...

It looks great! And queen stitches are not difficult, you will see :)

Nicola said...

I would not have realised either.

Queen stitches are so pretty they are worth all the effort. Betty is right in her post, the trick is in the tension.

Kerri said...

It looks wonderful. Think of those changes as your own customization and not mistakes!

I use the stitch diagram from The Proper Stitch for the queen stitches. I am stitching Dorothy too and found using a good magnifier for the Queen Stitch section and definitely for the over one verse is helping.