Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

SDW week 9?

This is the update on my SDW week 9? of the SAL with Nicola, and Elaine and the girls.  The question mark is because I have actually lost track of how many weeks we have been on this, but I am pretty sure it is 9.
SDW Week 9 progress

I really wanted to get the second band completed this week, so that I could start the New Year with a new band, and at 6.30 pm last night I put in the final stitch of what was a marathon motif.  There are even bigger ones to come.....eeek!   I am thoroughly enjoying doing this sampler as an SAL, the encouragement from the others is great, and having to photograph and report on progress is a great motivator.  Much like many of you are reporting with the Scarlet Letter challenge.

The photographs on the SL patterns don't do the samplers justice, which is kind of nice in a funny sort of way, as there is an element of surprise at how beautiful they actually are.

5 comments:

Jennifer Cameron said...

Really loving this sampler and getting to see you all stitch it. So much so have ordered the chart for myself. So many patterns are better 'in the flesh' than the photos on the chart. Mirabilia designs constantly surprise me when stitched and I'm looking forward to being surprised with SL ones as well.

Nicola said...

It is so true. You really cannot appreciate the beauty of the charts until you see one actually stitched.

I hope that this blog and our finishes gallery will be a wonderful point of reference for many years to come.

Well done Michele on your progress. I too have lost count on which week we are on. I will have to check back on my blog.

EvalinaMaria said...

Congrats on the challenge, you did it!

Krista said...

Gorgeous work, Michele! I agree, these samplers are all coming to life with our progress.

Elaine said...

Fantastic progress Michele! Yes we have just finished week 9 - hard to believe we have been stitching this long and still have so much still to stitch!