Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 21 January 2013

SDW Week 12 SAL

So week 12 of the SDW SAL.  It is really hard to believe that with only and evening or two stitching a week we have achieved so much.  I am loving this sampler and VS Alphabet is in serious risk of being sidelined for a while.

SDW Week 12 SAL
So here is week 12 progress.  This week I started the wirly gig motif on the right hand side, which I absolutely adore.  Sunday evening, whilst Dancing on Ice was on, I started the "colouring in" on the chapel.  This is going to be a big job, so I think there will be many "colouring in" nights in the future.

Isn't it funny that just by my spelling you can tell I am a Brit?

Anyway, here are a couple of close-up of the wirly gig motif.


 I love the little back stitches, which give it that "lacy look and I know this is a German Sampler but this motif looks very Italinate to me.
Happy stitching all.  x


7 comments:

Lanie said...

So pretty Michele! I can never get enough of this sampler! Thank you for sharing.

Angela Cruz-garcia said...

I just love the colors in this piece. Thank you for sharing.

Nicola said...

Wonderful progress Michele. I love the little curly bits, they make this motif special.

I know what you mean about the British spelling, being dyslexic I try to be careful what I have typed and as lately I have used the words favourite, colour and personalise quite a bit I keep doubting my spelling.

Fiona said...

The more I see this motif the more I fall in love with it. I might just have to add this sampler to my wish list just so that I can stitch that motif.

Krista said...

Love the progress you are making Michele! I am so enjoying being involved in this SAL with you all. The little curly flowers are so very pretty, love your close up photos. I can see why you think they look very Italian.

Kathy said...

Such pretty work!! Thanks for posting close up pictures. Really makes a difference when viewing pieces.

Mindi said...

Gorgeous sampler, and lots of progress. I agree with you, that motif is lovely.