Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 13 January 2013

Rebecca Cullin


Thought that I had better hurry up and show you my Rebecca Cullin.  I have been working bring the border down to where it is supposed to go and also working down towards the bottom.
 

 It is the old story where one should read the instructions a few times while working on a sampler like this.  I was going to work it the way that I would normally.  from the top down, but after reading the instructions, I decided to do most of the cross stitch first before attempting to do any of the specialty stitches.  Although I was slightly diverted by doing the first tree which is filled in with stem stitch.  I always enjoy doing this stitch.  But boy, does it eat into the thread.

This is what the bottom looks like at the moment.

12 comments:

Margaret said...

Rebecca looks wonderful, Sandra! Been thinking of you with all the fires and awful temps down there. Hope you're safe and cool.

Leona Sweeney said...

Sandra, Rebecca Cullin looks beautiful. Your work is always amazing. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Nicola said...

You have made fantastic progress. I normally work from left to right, top down but sometimes a sampler can take you in different directions.

Inguna said...

Oh my, it is going to be gorgeous! It is gorgeous already.

Angela Cruz-garcia said...

I love all the colors. This one is truely beautiful.

Lanie said...

Oh I love this! Your stitching is lovely! I'll be stitching quite a bit of stem stitch on my Sarah Stuart. I've never done this stitch before and am a little nervous about it. May be looking to you for some expert advise!

HollyXSing said...

Wow! She is a beauty and you are doing such a terrific job! Love it, love it, love it!

-Holly in VA

Kathy said...

Oh! I love this!! She is beautiful and has such pretty colors. Your stitching is looking beautiful too, regardless of how you're going about stitching it, lol.

Fiona said...

Lovely I am looking forward to watching your progress on this sampler.

Akobell said...

Love the big tree!!!!! xxxxako

Rebecca in TN said...

I love what you have done so far!! What an inspiration to get my Rebecca C back on the scroll frame!!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Sandra, your Rebecca is lovely.

She is a wonderful sampler. I know what you mean about the thread disappearing into the stem stitch.

Sometimes a sampler takes you where she wants to go.