Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 27 January 2013

Progress ....

I feel I have been slow "off the blocks" compared to so many of you - everyone seems to be zooming ahead of me - but yesterday morning - and again today - I settled down whilst watching the Australian Open tennis and caught up a wee bit:  here is the Log Cabin Sampler which I started at the beginning of Nicola's SL challenge:
I am so enjoying sewing this - the log cabin itself is great, and I love alphabets.  So onwards and upwards on this one.  This is the Dora Sanger sampler which is a WIP from some time back:  I have gently washed it - sadly it had become somewhat grubby - and it too is now ready to be finished:
And here is the Green Linen Kit  from my "Needlefriend" days - I seem to remember that I found the green linen quite difficult to sew, but the overall effect is just lovely:
Also Margaret Blackington:  a simple alphabet sampler but it is very effective:
So that is as far as I have managed to get this month - but I have also made 110 jars of marmalade - so I guess, all in all, it's amazing any cross stitch was done at all!!


11 comments:

Jon Lee said...

I love all your samplers. I am quite intriqued by Dora Sanger. I may just have to get her.

Krista said...

So pretty, all of them. Every time I see a post I head off to the SL site to see what the whole design looks like, I feel like I missed seeing so many pretty ones :)

Angela Cruz-Garcia said...

Your green linen kit looks lovely. I think I just might have to put that on my wish list. Wonderful stitching.

Cindy L said...

Thank you for the pics of your lovely pieces. I do find that green linen interesting but have not tried it yet.

Nicola said...

In every photo your stitching is perfect.

No marmalade this year for us I am far too busy stitching (LOL) but I did do an awful lot of chutney and jams last summer which should keep us going.

Faye said...

Such wonderful works.... Hanks for sharing! The marmalade sounds wonderful.....

Kevin Tober said...

Gulp! That green linen kit is really one that I love. All of your work is beautiful!

Michele said...

Agree Kevin. Love the green linen, not sure am brave enough though! Beautiful work. x

Fiona said...

All your samplers are beautiful, but I'm with others my favourite is the Green Linen.

Marsha said...

The green linen one is a stunner. They all look great and I can't wait to see the log cabin sampler.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Everything looks marvelous!

The green linen sampler will be fun!