Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Progress ...


A sampler from the Sheldon Museum in Middlebury, Vermont.

There is supposed to be an article in Antiques
Magazine (8/1969) "The Furnishings of a Vermont Family"
about Polly + her husband's purchases from
an almanac she kept.    I haven't seen this article +
haven't tracked down the magazine (yet).

The sampler is on 35-ct linen using DMC floss 
(4 colors:  Ecru, 372, 932, + 898).
The stitch count is 168 x 76.

The sampler was stitched when Polly was 7 yrs old.   Charming how the
'n' is stitched along the side motif.   


photo on the 
pattern cover

I have enjoyed seeing all the posts!   What lovely sampler finishes and progress photos ; )
Always, Lelia
blogging at Stitches of Life

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Great start Lelia. It is nice to have some background information of the girls that stitched the originals. I always wonder if their dreams came true.

Vera said...

This sampler is so interesting to me. I went to the SL site but could not locate it. Marsha -- if you are reading -- is this no longer in print? I spent summers in Vermont very near to Middlebury (at Lake Dunmore) and both of my parents were born in VT. I would love to stitch this some day.

Very pretty stitching Lelia -- I, too, love the way the N "falls"into the border. I will have to look for that magazine as well.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Lelia,

This is sweet sampler.
Vermont samplers are rare.

Good start on yours.

Barbara