Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 7 January 2013

Post for Sampler Annie




I wanted to show off my most recent finish of January 3rd. She’s a beauty and has to be framed soon. Before long I will post the new start for this year.

I am enjoying seeing everyone’s posts and updates. It spurs me on to stitch more. 

Wishing everyone a lot of stitching time in 2013. 



Grace Catlin

          
Some of you asked for my favorite and, perhaps, most challenging sampler. One of my favorites, amongst several, is Sarah Tatum, pictured below. She was stitched on a very high count linen so the challenge was seeing the threads without getting off a thread. I love her colors and size. Sarah’s name is stitched in regular machine sewing thread because the one strand of silk was too thick ‘over one’.

Sarah Tatum




                                

12 comments:

Lanie said...

Grace Catlin is so pretty!

Congratulations on your finish!

Nicola said...

I have got to stitch Grace. I am ging to be able to open a store for SL charts very soon. LOL !!!

Annie your work is exquisite please, please show us more.

Mary said...

Beautiful work on both pieces, Annie! You inspire me to get my own Sarah framed. You're right, those over one stitches are little beasts,

EvalinaMaria said...

Congrats on the lovely finish! I fell in love with Sarah Tatum, she is going on my wish list. I hope Nicola extends Scarlet Letter year to Scarlet Letter decade...

Michele said...

Congratulations on your finish. Grace is beautiful.

Lelia said...

Wonderful finish !!1

stitch well today

llknbillburg said...

I have Grace Catlin hanging in my dining room and I get to love and admire her daily! She is beautiful!
Laura

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Gorgeous!

Congratulations!

Barbara

Delfi said...

Beautiful work - congrats! I have this in my stash so it's nice to see a completed version.

Delfi :)

Ladymarquoir said...

Your Sarah is an inspiration to me, what count is yours done on, it is stunning, Giuseppina

Jen Rawlins said...

Grace looks so pretty!

Silkstitcher said...

Annie I notice you chose to stitch the first part of the verse in a different color. Did you stitch it using the Algerian Eyelet stitch, as originally stitched in 1719? What color did you use for the first part of the verse. Did you use silks or DMC? Your finished sampler turned out lovely! Have you had her framed? If so, please post a picture of her. I love the bright, cheerful colors in this sampler. Congratulations on a job well done! What are you stitching next?