Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 4 January 2013

Post for Jon Lee


My samplers arrived from The Scarlet Letter. They arrived separately because I placed two orders. After hearing how large SDW was, I decided I needed a smaller one as well, and so I ordered Margret Lawrance. I love both of them.

The SDW has so many beautiful motifs. I decided to use the DMC threads. I had almost all of them, which is shocking because I usually only have about one or two of what I need. I still have to find a piece of fabric for this sampler. I am going to my cross stitch shop tonight for stitching with friends and will look for a nice piece of fabric. Because of the size of this sampler, I will definitely need to get at least a 34 or 35 ct. I know that 34 ct. is more difficult to find. Question? The instructions that come with the sampler say to use two strands of DMC and one strand of silk. If I get a 34 or 35 ct. piece of fabric, do I still use two strands of DMC? I really love the colors. They are so rich and will look so pretty. I have to find the right piece of fabric.







My second sampler is a new one from The Scarlet Letter, Margret Lawrance. I got the entire kit for this sampler. I really love the silk colors, my colors! Lots of shades of pinks and greens.






I can't wait to start. I plan to start this weekend. I go back to work on Monday, which means I have to allot time for stitching. I hope to post in a few days my starts on both samplers.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 comments:

Nicola said...

I know that four of us are using Edinburgh Linen 36ct in flax and we are all pleased. Krista of Just Stitching Along is using DMC. I am sure Krista will give you some feedback and lots of help.

Elaine said...

I am stitching this with Nicola and the others,on 36ct with silk and using one strand. The colours in this sampler are really vibrant!
If I were you, I would stitch a small sample in the corner using one then two strands of DMC to see which you prefer.

Carmen Sutton said...

Stitching with one or two strands of DMC? I usually try out a few stitches in the margin to see how it looks as each type of linen's hand even within a particular count varies. I don't like stitching with two strands so I always hope that one will work. Good luck with your choice

anniebeez said...

How fun to watch another SDW come to life. This sampler is calling to me!

Krista said...

Hi Jon Lee, how nice you will be stitching SDW too. I am doing mine on 36 ct with DMC and I use 2 strands. I prefer the coverage with 2. I think you will enjoy it, it is a fun stitch.

Jon Lee said...

Thank you so much for your help and advice. You are all so kind. I am so looking forward to stitching with all of you.

Faye said...

I especially like these to samplers.... Glad to see a few of you stitching them......

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

very beautiful samplers !
bisous from FRANCE
Marylin

Elizabeth said...

Lovely samplers Jon Lee. I am sure you will have fun stitching them. It is interesting to read about using one or two threads - it is giving me food for thought.

Elaine said...

Start SDW now -then you can SAL with us!!

Michele said...

Hi Jon,

Like some of the others I am using 36ct with one strand of AVS. Come and join us on the SAL.