Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 7 January 2013

Post for Jennifer

" Slight confession to make I'm afraid. I did previously start Margret Gatis but drove myself crazy trying to do cross stich over three threads sooooo ..........  I went on the SL website and treated myself to some new charts !! (giggle, giggle) I now am the proud owner of A Pattern record, Dorothy Walpole, SDW and A Flamestitch. 

I also ordered the correct 35 count fabric and started A flamestitch last night. I've attached a photograph of my progress so far, not a great photo but the weather here is miserable. 





Oh and a bit of advice, cross stitch over 3 threads on 32 count does not look good! "
 
 

Jennifer

5 comments:

anniebeez said...

Nice start! I've always had a dubious feeling about cross stitch over 2. Thanks for the advice!

Deb said...

I'm going to look so forward to watching your progress. I've had that one in my stash and love the beautiful colors in it.

Nicola said...

You have ordered some fantastic charts. There are a group of us stitching SDW one day per week along side other SL samplers. You won't be disappointed it is a stunning sampler.

EvalinaMaria said...

Awesome progress and a great chart choices!

Lelia said...

Really? over 3 threads? What a challenge. The lettering and numbers look wonderful in the photo. So colorful -- stitch well today