Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 5 January 2013

Post for Faye, Carolina Stitcher


Greetings from North Carolina everyone.....

I have had another week of fun with my new best friend.... Rebecca Robinson....



...we have built a house, despite this cold winter weather....


...and the honeysuckle vines have been flourishing.....growing beautifully along their designated paths....







I was so inclined to research this trailing vine-like flower.....yes, even at Rebecca's young age of 11, she knew the honeysuckle was symbolic for.."...one''s undying love..."

I can nearly feel myself stepping back in time with her..... To 1821....

Here's hoping you all are enjoying your Scarlett Letter works of art.....

 



11 comments:

Nicola said...

Wonderful progress Faye and such beautiful stitching, ever stitch is perfect.

It is so nice to see the close up photos. It really brings Rebeccca to life.

Mary said...

What a beauty, Faye! I can see why you're having so much fun with Rebecca. Looking forward to more progress on her.

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness! This is stunning! How do you make the stitches so perfect and make SO much progress?!
Really beautiful.

Ellen said...

Beautiful progress! I love the honeysuckle border!

Hugs,

Margaret said...

Beautiful progress! Love Rebecca's colors!

HollyXSing said...

Beautiful, Faye!

I love this sampler! I'm stitching Emma Miles, but have Rebecca on my list to do on a future date!

I look forward to following your progress!

-Holly in VA

Jennifer H said...

I love Rebecca Robinson - it just a beautiful sampler and I have it on my wish list, amongst a bunch of other SL samplers!

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Hugs and Love,
Jen

Lanie said...

Great progress, Faye! Rebecca is looking beautiful.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Wonderful progress.

Beautiful stitching.

Gabi said...

That looks fantastic Faye. Love your Rebecca

Kathy said...

Very pretty work and lovely colors.