Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 7 January 2013

Post for Erica Near Chicago

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to Nicola and Joanne for helping me figure out the process and
allowing me to join you a bit late. I live outside of Chicago (you’ve
quite likely flown over my house on the way into or out of O’Hare) and
work in the Loop, which gives lots of time for reading (currently a
work on Shakespeare and the Book of Common Prayer), but limited time
for stitching. My first encounter with The Scarlet Letter was in the
early 1980’s via a small black & white magazine ad (Country Living?
Colonial Homes?) which I came across while a graduate student rather
desperate to find something creative to do with my hands. My first
project was Mrs. I.E. Since then, I've done a number of pieces,
including Margery Dean, Hannah Trecothick, Grace Catlin, Pattern
Record, And All was for an Appil, Martha Salter, and Wisdom &
Innocence.

I’m currently working on Justice (silk) and hope to have it finished
in the next week or two. I'm just below the bunny's feet and am
working it in all tent stitch rather than the specialty stitches
included in the pattern. After that, I may move on to Scottish Band
(cotton) which is about 3/4's finished. And after that perhaps return
to Lady and the Castle in an Autumn Landscape. The central figure for
this is done. I love the colors, but it too is all tent stitch, so I
may need to find another project to alternate with it.

I’m very happy to be a part of this adventure and I hope be be able to
include a photo or two in my next post.

3 comments:

anniebeez said...

Hi Erica, I live outside Chicago as well in the western suburbs! I don't envy your commute into the loop, but if you use public transit-maybe some good stitching time? Looking forward to seeing your updates in the future.~Annie

Nicola said...

Oh Erica you have stitched many samplers that are on my to do list. I am looking forward to seeing some photos very soon.

EvalinaMaria said...

Can't wait to see it!