Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Post for Barbara H

Happy Stitching New Year Everyone!



Here is my progress on EK 1653. I am having a terrific time stitching the patterns on her.






I thought the pink might get overwhelming for me but I have decided this sampler reminds me of my Grand Kate.







Kate loves pink and green. She turned 5 years old last September. Kate likes to stitch too. We have worked on stitching/lacing cards that are made out of wood and paper.


We started out with the running stitch and quickly moved onto the blanket stitch. Brilliant girl! J EK 1653 will eventually go to Kate.


I need to put EK 1653 away for a while; must get back to working on QSD projects.



Barbara



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

8 comments:

Nicola said...

Amazing progress Barbara, she looks absolutely stunning.

So nice that you have a grandaughter to share your love of the needle.

All my QTSD patterns have arrived and your charts and instructions are so well written, it will be a joy to stitch them all.

Elizabeth said...

I love the pink and Kate is a lucky girl if this sampler will be hers one day. It is lovely that you are teaching her to stitch - a skill that she will have for life and I am sure will bring her so much enjoyment.

anniebeez said...

This is truly beautiful! I love the pink!

PoundingSand said...

What a lovely sampler! I am so glad to see this stitched. The Scarlet Letter website photo doesn't begin to do it justice.

Kate

Brenda in WI said...

It is beautiful Barbara - it does look like a fun sampler to stitch. Can't wait to see its progress.

H&T said...

Oh this is so lovely! The execution, the colors, the design, everything! Another SL chart to add to my growing list...

Heather

Kathy said...

So pretty! You are really making great progress.

Faye said...

Very beautiful colors!!