Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 6 January 2013

Parrot, Leopard, Lion

Happy New Year to everyone!!

All the blog posts are so inspirational!  My list of SL samplers to be stitched is growing daily (this is definitely not a good thing!).

My progress so far:
I started Ann Scutt in November and managed to get nearly to the end of Band 3 before contracting pneumonia and spending much of Christmas in bed completely disinterested in stitching.  I'm feeling much better now but find I still can't concentrate on anything much so have put Ann Scutt aside for now and continued with my WIP Parrot, Leopard, Lion.

After some experimentation, I decided to stitch this project entirely in tent stitch on 35 count with the recommended AVAS silks and it is just the most fun and relaxing thing!  I have stitched a lot of the black outlines and am filling them in with colour.  The photos I have seen on the web do not do the colours of this project justice.  They are so rich in real life and it's exciting to see it start to come to life as I put in more colours.  (I had been a little concerned that tent stitch might not give adequate coverage and the colours might appear a little diluted.  But the colours are wonderful and the sheen of the silks in tent stitch is just beautiful.)

Unfortunately, I haven't yet worked out how to post photos (I know - I'm hopeless!!) so my progress shots will have to wait for the next post but suffice it to say that I am loving this project and enjoying every minute. Joanne - New Zealand

5 comments:

Gabi said...

Looking very much forward to admire your Parrot etc. Got that kit for Christmas and just love it. Are you stitching it over one or two? Personally I was planning to stitch it over 2 on 40ct, but I do like your idea of tent stitching it on 35 ct.

Vera said...

Oh! I want to see pics too! I am stitching it on 32 count with DMC. 2 over 2. A lot of solid stitching for sure, but I am enjoying it. I got very tired of the golds but am now working on the red flower that starts at the bottom of page 1...will post an update in a few days.

EvalinaMaria said...

Send me your pics and I will post them for you. My email is: magicnorth@hotmail.com

Nicola said...

Blogger certainly takes some getting used to. I found you tube had some great video tutorials.

I do hope you are feeling better pneumonia can leave you exhausted for quite a while.

Delfi said...

I love this pattern and am excited for you!

Would you mind posting the numbers of the silks used (if it isn't too labor intensive)? I've ordered the chart but want to check and see how many of the silks I already have.

Cheering you on....Delfi :)