Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 8 January 2013

One Week Update on Ann Smith

Ann Smith
AVAS Threads and Lakeside Magnolia 35 count linen

I'm a week into Ann Smith and I'm really loving her.  It's not going as quickly as I hoped because of the over one wording (done in cross stitch) and the beginnings of the sky below (done in tent stitch).  The magnifier has definitely been my friend this week.  I have shied away from patterns with over one in them because I haven't been a fan of magnifiers, but it's working out well using it, so I think that I've finally gotten over my phobia.   I see a lot of SL patterns that I previously didn't think that I would stitch being added to the ever growing stash list!


12 comments:

Faye said...

Ann is just beautiful..... You are definitely using turbo needes!!

Nicola said...

Oh my it is stunning !!!!

Congratulations on some beautiful stitching.

Lanie said...

Pretty, pretty, Deb!

My magnifier has been my friend for quite a few years now. I'm not sure I would make it through the 40/45 ct. linens (and lately the 32/35 ct. too!) without it!

samplerlover said...

Oh, she is beautiful Deb.

I often use my magnifiers and the two that I have - Magnieyes and the one that I can attach to my frame are great friends.

Vera said...

This is such a beautiful sampler. I love it. And, yes, magnifiers are a way of life for me. I use the "mag-eyes" and call them my "crown" as they sit like a headband. Couldn't stitch without them these days.

Gabi said...

Your Ann is just gorgeous. Love it.
And I know what you mean with adding more and more samplers to the to do list. I never will be able to stitch all the samplers I would like to in this year. Too many beauties.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Ann is beautiful.

Lovely work.

Barbara

Rowyn said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Love the colours.

I'm not a great fan of over one either, and realised when I started Freelove Hazard last night that most of it is over one! lol

Elizabeth said...

This is looking so good - lovely vibrant colours.

HollyXSing said...

Deb: Your work is superb! I wear my "cheaters" (1.75 reading glasses) all the time to do my stitching! They help an awful lot!

I have to get this chart...I love it!

-Holly in VA

Kathy said...

Oh! this is really turning into a fantastic gorgeous sampler. Love all the colors in this and great progress too! This is going to be a bad year for the credit card. I'm seeing too many that I want to stitch...this being another added to the list.

Ellen said...

What a beautiful sampler! I love the bright cheerful colors.